This temple is adjacent to the palace. The reason for this name is not clear, it could be that it is located so close to the palace and the royal family offered worship here. Krishnadevaraya built it in 1513 in memory of his expedition. It is replete with engravings of Yoga Postures, Gods, Goddesses and Dashavatara. The forty eight layers of engravings are dominated by vaishnavite cult. Some of these sculptures lack passion. There are some small dilapidated temples nearby. One is that of Yellamma.